are based on GFS Ensemble high resolution Forecasts.
Some detailed description of the model configuration can be found at:
The current NCEP Global Ensemble configuration consists of
4 runs at 00Z, 06Z, 12Z 18Z each day (available through anonymous ftp from
public servers http://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov/):
The perturbations are from Ensemble Transform (ET) with rescaling
- T382L64 high resolution control out to 7 days,
after which this run gets truncated and is run out to 16 days at a T126L64 resolution
- T126L28 control that is started with a truncated T382L64 analysis,
run out to 16 days. gec00.t00z.pgrb(a/b)f24
- 20 perturbed forecasts each run out to 16 days at T126L28 horizontal and vertical resolution.
(See: Wei et al. 2007: Initial perturbations based on the ensemble transform (ET)
in the NCEP global operational forecast system, Tellus).
Ensemble dataset for all applications: Forecast - GFS Ensemble High Resolution
The data are downloaded from the server:
- Subregion: 0° - 14°E, 14° - 5°N
- Latitude Resolution: 1°
- Longitude Resolution: 1°
- Model run: gep01.t00z, gep02.t00z, gep03.t00z, gep04.t00z, gep05.t00z, gep06.t00z
- Temporal output: from 12 to 48 hours UTC
- Output Frequency: every 6 hours
- Levels: all available
- Variables: all available