WaterWare scenarios: Consistency Checker
To make the editor without built-in intelligence more useable,
a Consistency Checker as an on-demand post-processor has been built.
This operates on the DATA BASE representation of a scenario
in conjunction with the editing tools.
The Checker can be run:
The checker generates a set of warnings and error in a set of HTML pages.
- on demand from the main scenario editor summary page;
- automatically before a model is run (not yet implemented)
Things being checked:
- Network has at least ONE start and end node;
- Only a START type node is defined as start node/headwater.
- Connectivity: all nodes defined are connected (used in reaches);
- Connectivity: each node type has the correct number of reaches:
- start, end (and recharge): 1
- diversion, confluence: 3
- everything else: 2
- Diversions: one branch is defined as of type: diversion
(the other is of type mainstream);
- Diversion: parameters or time-series are defined depending on strategy selected;
- Reach length should not exceed 20 km (warning) and must not exceed 40 km (error);
- Slope: start node in a reach must be above or at the same level
as the end node.
- Reservoirs: parameters or time series defined depending on strategy selected;
- Reservoirs: feasibility of initial conditions (initial volume must
correspond to a level between dead storage and spill/top level).
- Percentage values SET must be between 0 and 100.
- TS multipliers: no ZEROS;
- Reaches: ALL parameters are defined (ENSURE through the proper use of DEFAULTS !!!);
- Aquifer: initial volume must correspond to a level between aquifer depth and the surface;
- Meta Data: Description is different from NAME !