Regional Ocean Modeling System (ROMS): Scenario main page
The main scenario page for ROMS includes:
- A standard OBJECT header and main navigation buttons;
- A summary of inputs (upper left part of the screen);
- A summary of model results and output controlls
(only for those scenario that have already been run and include results)
(lower left part of the screen);
- A map of the model domain with the color coded result, scale bar and color codes,
and two buttons for model output display options (right half of the screen).
Model input summary
Please note that at the scenario level, the input summary is read only
to avoid inconsistent input specifications for a scenario that already has results associated.
To change the scenario specifications, a new scenario (possibly starting with a copy of the previous one)
must first be generated with the NEW button, see also:
The input summary inclues parameters for:
Input time series are shown in two small graphs under the input summary display.
- start date of the simulation (please note: the possible start dates are limited
to periods for which all necessary input data time series are available)
- model domain
- size (area) of the domain
- grid resolution in meters
rows and columns of the model grid (default layout: square)
- number of vertical layers (terrain following)
- lateral boundary condition (open or closed)
- amplitude of tides
- syrface fordings (observed, modeled by MM5 or WRF)
- input (salinity) concentration
- input (flow) time series selection
Model output summary and display control
The panel shows values for the first layer:
- a (user selectable) graph of model output variables as a time series;
- a second panel with the physical output summaries for SST, current speed and direction
including a small compass indicationg the prevalent flow direction;
- a selector for
- choice of model timestep
- choice of model output layer, including data for a vertically averaged display
in the associated model results map window.
- summary of water quality data:
- limit value (threshold)
- average salinity in the domain
- maximum salinity
- area above threshold, absolute and relative in % of the entire model domain.
Model results map
Model results are shown as a color coded overaly on the map of the domain;
the dispaly can be controlled with the time step and layer selector;
Two button under the map lead to
- Details page displays the color coded model reulst over the background map and
includes a detailed histogram of concentration distribution, the possibility to draw concentration isolines
at user defined concentration values, and arbitrary zooming functionality.
- Animation: A Java based player for an animated version (mpeg files) of the results
of dynamic simulation runs.