[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Reservoirs objects describe dams and reservoirs as well as natural lakes,
with or without controlled outflow.
A Reservoir Object is defined by its
Attributes are grouped into topics that
are shown in pop-up windows triggered by (optional) BUTTONS. They include,
optionally and depending on type and data availability:
- Attributes basic list of charactieristics (Descriptors)
- Admin administrative data on the operator, owner, institutions;
- Dam technical and construction data on the dam itself
- Geometry information - leads to the detailed display and editor for the Depth - surface area - volume TABLE graph;
- Power - additional data for reservoirs that also are used for power generation.
- Ecology information including data on fisheries and tourism.
- Links to other related objects (such as monitoring stations,
the catchment of the reservoir, settlements in the catchment or supplied,
Main Page attributes
On the main object display page, and under the OBJECT HEADER,
- Depth - surface area - volume TABLE graph-
leading to the corresponding detailed display and editor in a pop-up window;
- TS graph for long-term levels;
- TS graph for long-term release;
A list of variables characterising the reservoirs, stored as descriptors:
||total extend of the catchment (upstream of the outflow point) in km2
||year of completion of reservoir construction or any major restoration;
can beused to estimate operational performance
||local dominant geology, can be used to estimate seepage
||average ot target value, in Mill m3.
||long-term maximum, daily average peak flow
||size of the associated irrigation area, if any
|power generation capacity
||design capacity for power generation
||trophic state, defined as symbolic label in the expert system's knowledge base
||fraction of the area that is typically covered by macrophytes, if any.
A list of variables describin the dam with a parallel hypertext display window for graphical information,
free text, pictures and plans, drawings etc.
||hypertext link for technical description, plans, etc.
||type of dam construction, one out of a set of symbolic labels defined
in the expert systems knowledge base
||length of the dam's crest
||material volume of the dam contruction itself
||current storage capacity, may be below total due to siltation
||sum of all storage volumes
||storage volume between dead and flood storage
||volume of storage below outflow level
||storage volume above useful storage until spill level
||type or shape of spillway
||head or elevation of the spillway (spill level)
||width, or length of the spillway crest (a fraction of the dam's entire crest)
||maximum flow that can be spilled without damage to the spillways
||type of outflow, defined as a set of symbolic options in the knowledge base
||elevation of the outflow (lowest in case of multi-level outlets)