Shared Tools: Reference Manual
|Release Level || 5.4
||Release Date ||2008 10
||Revision Level ||1.0
AirWare logs all major interactions, and in particular all component functions of
the automatic scheduled tasks in a common data base for Log messages.
These messages can be viewed, sorted and analysed from the Administration link
System Log on the bottom of the Main Menu page.
The log entries contain:
The listing can be sorted and filtered by any of the
column titles. The primary sorting is chronological.
- Date and time stamp
- Service name
- Function name
- Short description
- STATUS indication
Since every function records START and END status,
any missing END log for any given START log indicated a failed process.
The color codes have the following meaning:
The following codes are used in the STATUS column:
- RED: an error has been enountered;
- ORANGE: an error condition was detected, but the corresponding exception was triggered (NOSTART);
- GREENE: the operations has been completed successfuly.
UPPER CASE status codes refer to the simulation models
MM5, AERMOD, CAMx, and PBM:
The lower case codes refer to data base operations such as the loading of
- START: function started to run
- END: function ended successfully
- NOSTART: refers to Nowcast and Forecast;
Only one Nowcast (Forecast) run is allowed at a time.
Whenever the preceding run is not completed, the scheduled run
will not start and a log entry "NOSTART" will be generated.
- INPUT ERROR: refers to the models (AERMOD, CAMx, PBM) and is generated
when the input data are not sufficient (the model will not start).
- FAILED: the input data check is passed, the model started to run, but
- ABORT: the model run was interrupted.
Data Base Maintenance
To avoid endless growing of these log data, an automatic pruning
to a maximum period (default: 30 days) has been implemented.