Shared Tools: Reference Manual
|Release Level || 5.4
||Release Date ||2008 10
||Revision Level ||1.0
Last modified on:
Monday, 20-Jul-09 14:05 CEST
MapServer embedded GIS
AirWare uses an embedded MapServer that manages a
MapSet together with a
to provide geographical background and orintation/reference
for its data (OBJECTS and spatial model inputs and results.
- MapComposer configuration tool to combine several individual
topical overlays, over an optional raster background map.
- MapCatalog overview and map selection to associate named maps with OBJECTS
and OBJECT CLASSES including model domains,
- MapImport and overlay description tool,
In addition, a range of georeferenced data that can be viewed
as topical maps are used as model inputs.
For the user, the MapServer is transparently embedd with all
georeferenced OBJECT CLASSES, model scenarios and their
underlying domains, model inputs data sets, and model results.
Within a given application, a MapSet
of available overlays is defined.
A MapImport function is associated with the
display and definition od the raw map layers or overlays,
accessible from the central MapComposer.
GIS formats supported for import include
- ArcView Shape files (topical maps, one topic at a time)
- Raster formats (TIFF).
GIS related operations the user can perform include:
- Map Composition from the set of
individual topical overlays, including the definition of optional ViewPorts for individual named maps;
- Map Import, interactive import of maps (raster format)
or (single topic) topical map overlays from client PCs (please note that composite maps with several
topics can be constructed with the Map Composition tool)
- Map Catalog
Browsing and selection of maps as the background for individual OBJECTS and
OBJECT CLASSES including model domains;
- Background Map Selection: interactive selection of background maps for
- Model domains
- all georeferenced OBJECT classes
- all georeferenced OBJECTS (instances).
- Object Geometry: Import for Area Sources and Receptor Area polygon boundaries
(single feature of a single-topic ArcView Shape file);
- Object Geometry: Import for Line Sources polylines or line segments (single topic ArcView Shape file).
- Object Location, definition of the location of point sources (or object with a reference point)
directly on the map;