AirWare On-line Reference Manual
| ||Release Level || 5.4 |
| ||Release Date ||2008 10 || ||Revision Level ||1.0
Model Output Animation
Wherever models produce a time series of results (24, 48, 72, or 24*365 hours)
these results can be converted to and viewed as an MPG animation, using a Java applet as player.
Creating PNG images and MPG movies from model results matrix data
uses: mpeg2 MPEG-2 Encoder / Decoder, Version 1.2, July 19, 1996, Copyright (c) 1996
MPEG Software Simulation Group, email@example.com (author contact), http://www.mpeg.org/MSSG/
The utilities mpeg2encode / mpeg2decode are used to convert PNG into MPG.
Contains implementation of an ISO/IEC DIS 13818-2 codec and
converts uncompressed video frames into MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 video coded
bitstream sequences and vice versa. The codec is used by 'convert'
program for encoding/decoding.
mpeg2encode and mpeg2decode binaries are located in /usr/bin/
Usage: matrixmpg.cgi [-?] [-f|--db-config STRING] [-i|--matrix-id INT] [-?|--help] [--usage]
- input options: matrixID and db config file
- reads matrix MetaData for given matrixID
- sets image options (WIDTH, HEIGHT, BACKGROUND MAP,...)
- uses MatrixImageCreator() functions to create png images
(source directory mp2:/d0/acatk/libsrc/libmetamatrix/)
- creates png images for all matrix layers and timesteps
- uses background map saved as PNG images named mapserver$IMAGEMAP in
- converts png images into mpg animation using 'convert' program
- saves png files into PNG_OUT_DIR defined in MM5.MM5_scenario
- saves mpg files into MPG_OUT_DIR defined in MM5.MM5_scenario
- converts list of png images sorted by timestep in ascending order into a mpg animation
- program belongs to package ImageMagick 5.4.7 web:http://www.imagemagick.org
- html directory: /var/www/html/templates/animations
The Java applet is installed in a php file for animations display
- Java class files for the MPEG decoder and player: /var/www/html/templates/mm5/php
The parameters that can be controlled within the applet are:
DELAY describes the delay (in ms) between 2 images during animation (default: 50).
- WIDTH of animation,
- HEIGHT of animation,
The movie files are in /var/www/html/templates/animations/mpg/
- oneleft() - one step back
- stopanim() - stop
- oneright() - one step forward
- moreright() - play animation
naming convention: movie.$matrixID.$layer.mpg
The class "MPEG_Play" is the main applet. Its work is divided into 2 phases:
- scanning: A "ScanThread" and an "AnimatorThread" work concurrently
The "ScanThread" produces a list of frames (images) and informes the
"AnimatorThread" if a frame is decoded.
The number of the frame (timestep) is displayed under the loaded frame.
- display: By means of the method "Element.close_chain()" the list of frames is closed
to a ring of frames. After that the frames are displayed.
The "ScanThread" dies and the "AnimatorThread" begins to display