AirWare On-line Reference Manual
| ||Release Level || 7.0 |
| ||Revision Level ||beta|
| ||Release Date ||2015 03 |
Last modified on:
Tuesday, 14-Jul-15 18:52 CEST
DEM as background map
Due to their global coverage at high resolution, DEM data
are used as the default background map for many model domains.
- GET DATA:
- Goto http://earthexplorer.usgs.gov/
- select coordinates, and 'DEM'
- Download the corresponding geotiff files.
- Open all the *tif files: "Layer" -> "Add raster layer" and select tif files
- Merge the files: Raster->Miscellaneous->Build Virtual raster
- Transform lat-lon to UTM: Project -> Project properties
enable on the fly CRS transformation, select, e.g., "WGS 84/UTM zone 36N"
- in case the layer panel is not open:
View -> Panels -> Layers
- Save: right click on the (merged) layer, "save as"
select UTM projection and extent and resolution
- tif to asci
- gdal_translate -of AAIGrid *tif outfile.asc
- asci to matrix and to binary INT file: