Last modified on:
Friday, 13-Dec-13 19:29 CET
CAMx model scenarios can be defined for
- automatically triggered, regular, scheduled forecast for one or several days; see also:
- manually triggered/run scenarios for one or more days.
CAMx "manual/interactive" scenarios
A CAMx scenario
These scenarios can only be run manually, on the current application server through the scenarios interface,
or, once configured there, on a remote compute server ()subject to the apporpriate setup and configuration).
Defining a new CAMx (interactive) scenario
At the OBJECT selector for CAMx scenarios, select new;
- a selection parameters for the number of days.
- a header with several controls;
- input summary and siplay option selections on the left;
- summarie for the
- emission scenario
- meteorology scenario
- a tape deck to switch between the hours of tyhe scenario;
- a selector for different pollutants and a summary of the results (compliance)
for the pollutant selected;
- a map window with the color coded model results on the right.
- Select and define/edit all parameters (domain/s, start date, duration, model type/mechanism,
DUST model on-off, edit (if selected) dust parameters, and adjust (optional) the emission scenario):
(see below); all settings are used for all (optionally nested) domains (with the exception of domain specific
resolutio subject to the model nesting rules,
and the he complete period of simulation, including temporal emission patters.
- Optionally click "prepare": scenarios for the following days will be generated (if necessary) and synchronized.
This includes emission scenarios, dust entrainment page and MM5 scenarios.
MM5 scenarios will be imported, MM5 data copied to application server.
Please note: "Prepare" is optional ONLY for local model runs (on the AirWare application server);
for running the scenario on a remote compute server, see the description below.
- Click "run": scenarios for the following days will be generated (if necessary)
and synchronized (same action as "prepare"). CAMx run for the entire period will be started.
- "prepare", "run" and "reset" buttons are displayed for the first (optional sequence of 24 hour scenarios) scenario only.
- "reset" will delete results of the entire period.
- "delete" currently deletes the current scenario only (I still have to change that).
User Interface and functionality
The CAMx scenario interface if a fully graphical, interactive web page
with a menu driven point and click interaction.
The top of the screen if occupied by a header
that indicates the scenario type, together with a set of button (trigger by left mouse click).
Header buttons are (top down, left to right)
- close: closes the current page (pop-up) and returns to the calling page (AirWare start page);
- help: open this help page
- delete: deletes the current scenario; only possible for administrative group users;
a scenario that has current results must first be reset before deleting it is possible;
- save: save any changes (same restrictions as for the "delete" option above);
start the DUST (wind entrainment) model emission matrix display and its sub-functions
such as sensitivity analysis or the Weibull read-back and display tool.
- check: verifies the proper definition of all sub-domains;
- Domain: shows the currently active domain and any (optional) subdomains; read only for
the sub-domain level; can only be ediuted at the master domain level by a user fo the admin group;
- Meteorology: shows the current emission scemnario (and MM5 output for a scenario with results;)
- Emissions: shows the current emisison scenario.
- Aggregate: After a scenario run is completed and results are available,
opens a new page with a 24 hour aggregation of the current scenario and variable.
- Dust: optional function (enabled in the location defaults configuration interface),
leads to the embedded DUST emisison model and its parameters for editing.
Domain selection: main and nested domains, resolutions
A scenario can be defined for one or more (nested) model domains.
The "Domain" button leads to a dialog that supported the selection and definitions (selections of available resolutions) for the main and nested model domains.
This leads to the MM5 meteorological scenario defined for thye current scenario start date and domain.
Emissions scenario, DUST emission model
The block of scenario paramteers includes:
- Start date
- durations: number of days for the model to run.
- Model type: CB05 Photochemisty or conservative;
- DustEntrainment: yes/no, turn on the embedded Dust emissions model
- NO/NOx model: default for all NOx emissions where the ratio or direct NO2 emission are not defined\
ar the level of individual sources.
- Restart: MEANING ?
- Boundary station: selct a monitoring station from which the boundary condition are taken where applicable.
- Domain selection for reults display.
Remote executions: scenarios running on a compute server
Interactive CAMx scenarios can also be run on a remote compute server (subject to the necessary configuration);
To start a run remotely, the user has to
where [SCENARIOID] is the ID of the first day of the CAMx superscenario to be started.
CAMx will use 8 threads on on the compute server (e.g., mp2, csw2).
So it's only possible to run ONE CAMx scenario at a time.
If you try to start a second one, it will not work and generate LOG entry "NOSTART".
PLEASE NOTE: It is necessary to click 'prepare' BEFORE starting a remote run,
otherwise camx will fail. It is important to wait until the "Transferring data from http://22.214.171.124 ..."
in the popup disappears, otherwise not all MM5 scenario will be imported.
Results display options: Domain selection, Aggregate, Tools menu:
The header button "aggregate" shows a 24 hour aggregate of the concentrations for the current parameter (pollutant).
Standard display options include the setting of the color mapping of cencentrations and the display style
(opaque or transparent); these values are inherited for the funtions of the tools menu.
- 3D-display: (optional, application level configuration option) shows the moel results concentration field
as a pseudo 3D display with the concentration in the Z direction over a rotated and tilted map.
- Animation: simple mpeg player that shows the sequential hourly data in the form of a
movie under interactive control, including the option to export the mpeg file for external players.
- Population: population exposure witha user defined concentration threshold;
computes area and number of people exposed to concentration above the threshold;
subject to the availability of population data.
- Details: pop-up page with the concentration matrix suppoering arbitrary zooming, andseveral user defined isolines.
- Export: export dialog for the current concentration matrix in CSV format.
- Histogram: shows a histogram (user defined style, number of bins) of the current concentration field data;
- Thumbnails: shows all hourly matrices of the scenario (durrent pollutant) side by side, sequentially.
| print page