AirWare On-line Reference Manual
| ||Release Level || 7.0 |
| ||Revision Level ||beta|
| ||Release Date ||2015 03 |
Last modified on:
Friday, 10-Jul-15 13:36 CEST
CAMx forecast (nested) domains
CAMx forecast scenarios cover one or several nested domains.
These can be seen (and edited) from the scenario page, button" Domain".
Individual nested sub-domains can be selected (from the list of all domains defined)
and added, resolutions selected, subject to the model domain nesting constraints,
for details, see also CAMx sub domains:
- with the corner points of any subdomain restricted to gric intersections of the main domain,
- the nested domain resolution an integer fraction [modulo(0)] of the master domain resolution.
Available resolutions are selected from a pull-down menu.
- sub-domain must not overlap.
Selection of an incompatibel domain will generate an error message, and is made impossible by the interactive interface.
SysAdmin/Implementation details: Changing CAMx forecast domains
- Generate MM5 Forecast scenarios (one for each forecast day) for the new domain:
- set name, domain, resolution, layers
- make the correct 'STATION_ID' entry in the DB
- Generate MM5 'FC' scenarios (== the copies belonging to CAMx) for the new domain
- set name and domain (the rest will be copied from the "Forecast" scenario)
- setup mm5 import for the new domain (entry in calculating_server:/data/project/mm5/run/import_allDomains.sh)
- change CAMx domain
- select the corresponding MM5 'FC' scenario in the CAMx scenario
- ensure there's enough CPU time for the extended CAMx run