Sustainable Urban Development - Guilin Case
Location of Guilin in China
Guilin is situated in Guangxi Zhuang Nationality Autonomy Region (province level) in south China.
Location of Guilin in Guangxi
In this case study, there are three levels of region concerned, they are:
(1) counties included: Two counties, Yangshuo and Lingui, under the jurisdiction of Guilin municipal government are included.
(2) counties excluded: counties are not included, but suburb is included.
(3) urban district: both counties and suburb are not included. It is same as developed urban district.
Longitude And Latitude
The NW and SE corners of the window covering Guilin are:
1) Including two counties under the jurisdiction of Guilin municipal government.
NW ( E.L. 109D.45M., N.L. 25D.41M )
SE ( E.L. 110D.40M., N.L. 24D.18M. )
2) Not including two counties under the jurisdiction of Guilin municipal government.
NW ( E.L. 110D.12M.58S., N.L. 25D.00M. )
SE ( E.L. 110D.21M.29S., N.L. 25D.21M.43S.)
Study Area Size:
Counties included: 4195 sq. km
Counties excluded: 565 sq. km
Developed urban area: 46.5 sq. km
Population (counties included, at the end of 1994): 1,282,007
Population (counties excluded, at the end of 1994): 550,493
Population (urban district, at the end of 1994): 381,304